Friday, November 21, 2008

Top 10 PoBoys in NOLA



In honor of this weekend's Po Boy Fest , here is the much anticipated Top 10 list of New Orleans-area po boys by a self-described po boy professional (me). This report has taken years of diligent research to produce. I hope you find it useful.

Mae$e Top 10 Po Boys

1.) Domilises Oyster Po Boy - New Orleans
2.) Cafe Minh Char Grills Pork Po Boy - New Orleans
3.) Parkway Bakery & Tavern Roast Beef (or Corn Beef) Po Boy - New Orleans
4.) Mahony's Fried (or Grilled) Shrimp Po Boy - New Orleans
5.) Vaucresson Creole Hot Sausage Po Boy
6.) R&O Shrimp or Italian Roast Beef Po Boy - Bucktown
7.) Crabby Jacks Paneed Rabbit Po Boy - Jefferson Hwy.
8.) Radosta's Italian Sausage Po Boy - Metairie
9.) Guy's Shrimp (or Catfish) Po Boy - New Orleans
10.) Bozo's Oyster Po Boy - Metairie

Please do not take the order of this list too seriously. It is certainly possible to do a Top 10 list for each type of po boy. I would be hard-pressed to put one type over another, and these are just my favorites in the order they occurred to me. Feel free to comment or write me with your recs.

No comments: